Wednesday 18 January 2017

Studio Brief 3 - Picture-book PLANNING FINAL SPREADS


RESPONDING TO FEEDBACK
Following on from suggestions made in the silent crit about the composition and conclusion of my work, I have planned the final spreads of each image. The main alterations were the use of all 5 characters in a final conclusive image, and the addition of a cloth in the hand of the Cotswold dancer to make better use of the negative space. 

Working to scale, I have drafted these considering framing, line and narrative. When I experiment with Photoshop, I will hopefully be able to explore the positioning of text as a compositional device, which should hopefully enhance the aesthetic further. 

NEXT
I will now explore the application of media to these characters and backgrounds, considering different approaches to collage as a means to captures the texture and tactility of Morris costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment