Friday 13 January 2017

Studio Brief 3 - Picture-book PROCESSING RESEARCH

UNPICKING KEY DETAILS
Commencing the next part of the journey, I've started to respond to my research and initial observations, creating fact files for the 5 Morris traditions, and drawing stereotypical interpretations of their tradition. 

This process has allowed me to unpick the information collected in my dialogues, and visits, and start to visualise the Morris culture as a whole. Taking key quotes and facts from the conversations I had, I have formulated a brief summary of each tradition, in order to drive my visual development





Mapping out potential colour palettes and key visual devises, I aim to develop my visual responses through exploration of textures and collage, taking a playful approach to image making to echo the playful nature of the subject matter. Formulating these codes for each tradition should enable me to exhaust visual interpretations, whilst maintaining the necessary clues to communicate each group. 

INTENTIONS
Starting to realise my ideas, through collating my research into visual fact-files, I now have a more coherent idea of the direction of my book and the components I wish to develop. Moving on, I will look at structuring an initial storyboard to act as a guide for the initial images I need to create. With this in mind, I will need to be exhaustive in my sketchbook with character design and simplification of character, aiming to create images that are clear but playful and humorous, achieving a tone of voice relevant to the Morris culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment