Tuesday 17 January 2017

Studio Brief 3 - Picture-book MOCK-UP


SKETCHBOOK PLANNING
In preparation for making a mock-up I made a refined version of my story board, applying my character development work and taking greater consideration of composition and structure. I have aimed to alter between closely cropped and wider framed images to achieve a more structures aesthetic. 


TESTING THE PROCESS
Having chosen to work with full bleed images, and work across the spine, I've decided to work with concertina as I feel this method is the most suitable for the mechanics of the narrative and imagery. Working from my initial storyboard and more recent character development, the mock-up shows a slightly altered visual direction, taking a more exaggerated approach to the aesthetics of my characters. While I have not yet concluded finally on the content of each spread, this should provide a good base for feed back in my peer review session.

I've drawn up the mock-up in simple black ink, just to illustrate the premise and layout, but I will be working on the media development of these images this week.


An issue I have identified is in the flow of the composition. I have a few spreads that are very closely cropped, while others are more wide-set picture frames. I think in the final layout I will make sure to alternate these to ensure the composition and aesthetic as a whole is varied and not fragmented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment