Saturday 14 January 2017

Studio Brief 3 - Picture-book INITIAL STORYBOARD

STORYBOARD: WHY I'VE DECIDED TO MAKE ONE NOW...
While I'm not yet at the stage of having developed images to start to collate, I feel that the different elements of my narrative, the Morris traditions, require a concise and cohesive narrative so I have formulated a storyboard as a driving force towards more developed images.

Considering the information gathered in studio brief 2, I am intending to explore a narrative that communicates simple quotes or facts about each tradition, to give an overview of Morris culture and serve as a snapshot into the practice. So far I have achieved this by using key visual devices to reveal each tradition, and accompany this with a quote from my dialogues. This may be something to review after my tutorial and having gained feedback from peers.


REFLECTION
I'm feeling a bit behind at the moment as I had to wait quite a long while to visit the Morris practice, so am only just starting to visualise my ideas. This storyboard should hopefully set me on my way with some more visual directions and my development process should pick up soon. To commence the image making, I intend to explore collage as a means of echoing the textural nature of the Morris costumes, a media which should hopefully enable me to exhaust experimentation and play

No comments:

Post a Comment