Monday 13 March 2017

Studio Brief 3 - Persons of Note INTERVIEW NOTES


THE ONE SHOW, 2016

KEY QUOTES FROM INTERVIEW:

"She was opposite the bay window where I worked so I saw everything that went on"
-what curious activities could Miss S be getting on with? How might Alan be inspired by Miss S? How does Miss S distract Alan?

"She was very strong willed, she knew she was going to stay and she did stay"
- sense of stubborn character, how might the audience know something about Miss S that Alan doesn't?

"I would write it down, anything funny that happened"
-How could I exaggerate the mischief of Miss S?

"She used to irritate me to a great degree, she was a real pain"
-Sense of resentment and satire around the relationship?

"Observations of the quirks and strangenesses of people"
-How eccentric was Miss S? What quirks can be illustrated to reveal the whole?



NATIONAL THEATRE, 2015

"I was keeping an eye on her. It was interfering with my work"
-Sense of voyeurism, prying, pre-occupation

"I found out I was watching out for the blackbirds in the same was I was watching out for Miss Shepherd"
-Is Miss S part of the furniture? Does Alan become a carer figure? Pleasantly intrigued by her?

The main observations I have drawn from these two interviews is the role of Miss Shepherd as a sort of nuisance and distraction in Alan's life, yet one that it full of interest and intrigue, forcing Alan and Miss S to enter in a relationship of mutual wondering and voyeurism. I may look to explore this sense of observation and wondering within my initial sketches, considering how the relationship is informed by observations about one another's ways of being. 



No comments:

Post a Comment