Monday 27 February 2017

Studio Brief 2 - Act of Kindness DEVELOPMENT OF IDEAS

REFLECTION
Developing on my initial ideas and sketches, I've tried to break down my ideas down, working through pencil, colour pencil and cut paper within the given dimensions to explore simplification. This process has worked really well to help me realise some more reduced and immediate visual devices.

Exhausting potential responses has enabled me to identify the most effective imagery and most suitable forms to create basic shapes from. The process of working through various stages of simplification to cut paper outcomes has been particularly helpful in helping me to realise forms that could be rendered as vectors for the constraints of the brief.

INTENTIONS
Cut paper has also forced me to work within the restricted colour palette but I would like to explore overlays on Illustrator to maximise colour potentials.

I feel that the flowers, socks and shine bright designs are currently the most effective responses through their simplified forms and immediate messages. While the brief only asks for one final outcome, I intend to explore all three potential responses in Illustrator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment