Saturday 18 February 2017

Studio Brief 1 - I See Faces FINISHED GIFS

1. HAND DRAWN
I'm really pleased with the outcome of my hand-drawn gif. I feel that I have been able to maintain the playful aesthetic of my initial drawings, yet with a consistency that aids the effect of the gif. Creating one static grounding in watercolour meant that each frame showed a consistency, while maintaining a hand-made quality. I feel a success of this gif was the decision to use only subtle movements as I think the nature of the media would have created a very inconsistent aesthetic had I had to draw each frame uniquely


2. 3D 
Wooden blocks worked so well in the 3D gif. I think using existing forms to my advantage worked really well. Re-appropriating these with digital lines seemed to add comedy and enhance the playfulness of the objects. It could have been interesting to animate a full figure in this way also.

3. DIGITAL
The digital outcome has not been as successful as my other two responses. I'm pleased with the consistency across frames that I achieved by digitally colouring hand-drawn templates. However, I found it very difficult to achieve clean line from this process of selection and erasing. I may look to refine this using digital shapes to foster a cleaner outcome. 


Overall I feel my gifs work really well as a series. Despite the contrast in media, I think these demonstrate a consistent translation of character. From looking at the work of my peers however, I wonder if I could have made more variation across the three gifs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment