Wednesday 8 February 2017

Studio Brief 1 - I See Faces ED CHEVERTON GIF

I've selected this gif from Ed Cheverton as I feel it resonates well with my concerns with humour and mischief, particularly within the context of children's illustrations.

Cheverton's mix of 3D and 2D media creates imagery that is playful yet sophisticated through the considered use of layering. The subject matter of 'toys' is complimented so well by the characterisation of 3D objects, showing the value of media in message.

The overall effect of the gif is fun and playful, with lots of separate movements. But when it is broken down, Cheverton has just used multiple subtle movements to gesture a greater sense of action. This could be a useful element to consider in line with my own gifs as my character could be characterised by simple movements or twitches.

With my intentions to use wooden blocks for my 3D gif, I may take inspiration from Cheverton's work and add to these with digitally drawn features to achieve a similar sense of layering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment