Friday 10 February 2017

Studio Brief 1 - I See Faces GIF PLANNING

RESPONDING TO FEEDBACK
Following on from feedback received in my group crit, a concerned raised was the consideration of picture area. In my sketchbook I had been working with vignettes on busy sketchbook pages so I have done some rough plans of how my gifs will work within the square frame. Movement is not too much of an issue with two of my intended gifs, but one requires movement of the whole figure so picture area will need to be a key consideration. 

PLANNING
I have drafted out some initial story boards considering simple movements that each gif could show. Some employ just one single movement, whilst others use a few basic gestures to create a more overall sense of movement. Having worked through multiple possibilities, I have selected the most effective and worked through these with basic flip books and re-drawn my storyboards. This is really helped me to figure out how movement will occur within the picture area and how the character need to change in line with a looping gif. 

In digitally producing these I will be able to manipulate single frames to create multiples that can enhance the extent of movement or length of the gif. 

I have also begun drawing out the components and frames for my final gifs. Using layout paper to ensure consistency and registration of frames. I will continue to develop my final gifs by completing these templates and rendering necessary components on photoshop. 

Next I also need to experiment with the 3D media, I intend to use wooden blocks to achieve a sense of playfulness associated with children's toys. It will be necessary to play with potential forms and compositions in order to use the 3D objects to their best effect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment