Monday 13 February 2017

Studio Brief 1 - I See Faces EXPERIMENTATION & TESTING


3D EXPERIMENTS
Furthering my study of Ed Cheverton's work, I have experimented with wooden blocks as a means of building characters. I've used existing children's building blocks to explore re-appropriation of existing objects. These have worked to compliment the playful qualities of my characters.

Using the pen tool on Photoshop, I've tested digital drawing to add another visual quality to the work. Simply using the computer mouse, the lines are a little unrefined but I feel this adds to the charm of the characters. 


Moving towards an animated outcome, I intend to use the wooden blocks to describe more regular movements and layer these with digital pen drawings to achieve additional gestures that are perhaps more subtle but less refined




DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS
I have also tested an entirely digital approach, creating shapes and transformations on Photoshop. While this test is very basic and reduced, it has enabled me to practice the animation process through use of frames and layers. As I work towards more refined gifs, I would like to consider more extended movements.

While the brush tool here answers the 'digital' constraint, I am interested to achieve a more consistent and refined aesthetic by scanning in drawn templates and colouring these digitally. This should hopefully maintain the blocky qualities of my drawings and 3D outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment