Saturday 12 November 2016

Studio Brief 3 - Judge a Book by its Cover... FINAL OUTCOME

Finished at last!!

Developing work explored in my roughs, sketchbook pages, and from feedback comments, I have brought together the most successful components into one cohesive book jacket. I'm really pleased with the outcome as the hat stand image has worked really well to make the most of the space, while not taking clarity away from the text. The restricted colour palette I have applied enables the use of multiple smaller images to not overpower the whole aesthetic and these muted tones offer a sensitivity that compliments the theme and imagery. I am slightly disappointed in the outcome of texture as this appeared very prominent when working on photoshop but the details seem to have been lost slightly on printing. Texture could be explored through hand painted textures if I was to develop this outcome as they may demonstrate more tonal variation and greater marks

The use of single hats on the wrap around panels nods to the theme and imagery of the main cover without creating a distraction from the main image. I would like to consider a repeating pattern when next addressing a brief like this but I felt the process and detail of the hats was too complex to not restrict the impact of the main cover image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment