Thursday 3 November 2016

Studio Brief 2 - Illumination... FINAL OUTCOME


REFLECTION

Exploring simplistic imagery alongside restricted colour palettes, I feel my images capture ideas that communicate key themes from my given text, yet through texture and colour, they add a warmth and playfulness to the subject matter. I am pleased with the outcomes of the digital layering process as I feel these really make use of the colour palettes through opacity and layering, creating images that are not restricted by their colour palette, but rather assisted. I feel that the colour palettes capture a fun feel, echoing the issues of the text, yet working in flux to the more futile issues addressed in the images. I would however say that to me the lawn mower image appears unrefined. While the textures of the chinagraph pencil naturally create a rather juvenile aesthetic, the wiggly lines seem to accentuate this and so it seems less sophisticated as an image.


FEEDBACK

Collecting feedback from my peers has achieved some interesting ideas. Many complimented the simplicity of the images and described the way the tone and textures interplayed as demonstrating 'craftsmanship'.  However, some points for consideration addressed the need for block colour to help balance out some of the texture, to aid definition. In the future it may be necessary to explore different levels of texture across image to achieve a great sense of balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment