Tuesday 13 December 2016

Studio Brief 2 - Visual Journalist ZINE


PROCESSING IDEAS
As a means of processing my initial research, I made a zine that started to unpick the main discoveries of the day, and the main thoughts I have had about the direction of my project. The zine has really just served as an outlet for visualising my ideas, so I have worked quite playfully in collage, colour pencil and ink. While these are just simple experiments, I have found collage to be a process that suits the subject matter. Incorporating natural textures and colours this could be an effective approach to image making in order to achieve an image that is complimentary in media to its subject matter



The colour pencil also works well to achieve a free, playful aesthetic, perhaps echoing the fun and free nature of some of the folklore tales. Loose marks seem to also achieve textural details, perhaps suiting the natural subject.



INTENTIONS
As I go on to collect further research and start to narrow my project down, it could be valuable to explore media and how it relates to the subject matter. With the Morris dancers that I have studied briefly, it might be necessary to work with a very textural approach to echo their costumes and the movement of the dances




No comments:

Post a Comment