Wednesday 12 October 2016

Studip Brief 1 - How to... Development process





DEVELOPMENT OF IDEAS
-Transformative moments and changes to be made

Having gained feedback on my initial idea generation I chose to alter the focus of my ideas to cover just the ideas that referred to wear in the 'on the body' sense. My peers identified that a consistent approach would be more cohesive and communicate the instruction in a more succinct manner. In line with this I continued to work from my reference photographs to draft the 24 images that I reflected on as being the most visually communicative. Having rejected character in my initial drawings, I reintroduced this in the development process, employing a character to aid the visual consistency of the poster. I chose to change this as I felt the key element in the imagery was the blanket and so to aid the focus on this, a simple character was used.



-Experimentation with media and layout

Experimenting across ink, china-graph, acrylic and pen, I explored a range of textures and marks that conformed to the monochrome constraint, yet offered textural and tonal variations. The use of ink throughout my initial ideas seemed to lack depth and it seemed that the blanket needed some variation to fully communicate. Now that I have planned a layout for my vignettes, I will work on applying these textures to the characters through collage to develop the texture and tactility suited to the blanket subject.  







No comments:

Post a Comment