Wednesday 19 October 2016

Studio Brief 1 - How to... Outcome and feedback


FINAL OUTCOME
-Process and conclusion

Having tested a range of media, I applied collage to achieve a tactility which would enhance the blanket motif across the vignettes. I chose to use  a range of different textures across the images to give each vignette a unique quality and allow the pattern and texture of the blanket to remain a key element of the aesthetic. The collaging process allowed texture and form to be considered as I attempted to mimic the layers and movement of the blanket through layering of cut paper, allowing the disjointed patterns to reveal the sense of form. Applying china-graph and pen to the character details sustained the monochromatic aesthetic of the poster while introducing additional texture and tone, while not detracting from the blanket in each vignette. 



- Feedback and reflection

A recurring point made in feedback from my peers was the effect of the mixed media, noting that the collaged blankets achieved an interesting tactility and texture across the poster and gave the subject definition. The use of character was also well received as my peers felt that it achieved a consistency across the poster, which was supported further by the blanket stitch border. I chose to use the stitch border to almost translate the poster into a blanket itself, again to add a cohesive aesthetic. As a point for development I think I would give further consideration to my use of text as I feel I could have made better use of the negative space with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment