Friday 3 May 2019

END OF YEAR SHOW PROPOSAL - Application & Context

PROPOSAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF PROJECT


WHAT
- 14 screen-printed banner designs (4 colour)
- a visual and INTERACTIVE deconstruction of the traditional band march, for a MODERN audience
- a tactile and interactive INSTALLATION

HOW
- 14 designs translated into 7 DOUBLE-SIDED A1 banners
- first 7 banners in series to face forward, second 7 banners in series to face backwards
- hung on corn from ceiling beams
- need to be hung at least 60cm apart from one another to allow visibility of each design
- audience will be invited to walk (march) around this installation to view the series chronologically and interactively

EXTRAS
- floor vinyls to direct audience around installation; 
   'start marching this way --->' 
   'and now march back --->'


[7 banners to be displayed as above]



REFLECTION ON PROPOSAL

HOW DOES THIS PROPOSAL ALLIGN WITH MY SUBMISSION AT 603?

- I have carried out the experimentation, development and digital translation of 14 banner designs in preparation for translation to screen-print
- I have successfully simulated the outcome of these banners, demonstrated through 3 x A2 placards
- I have placed my work in context to see how these banners work within the march setting (practicality and production)
- Having used the module to generate thoroughly explored and developed content, I am now able to develop my submission for the EOYS, to realise my concerns for accessible and engaging displays of heritage

WHY NO BANNERS AT THIS STAGE?
- I felt it more time effective to mock-up some digitally printed placards to enable me to realise my work in context. If I had screen printed my banners for submission, I would not have achieved the synthesis gained by applying my work to this context
- Experimentation with 2 designs in screen-print has meant that I can now embark on the delivery of all 14 designs with a solid understanding of the interplay of colour and texture

No comments:

Post a Comment