Sunday 5 May 2019

BANNERS IN CONTEXT - Brass Band March



APPLYING MY WORK - A REFLECTION
With the very source of my proposal stemming from the community and national traditions of marches, it seemed to support the synthesis of the module to see my work in context. For this purpose, I mocked up 3 of the 14 banner designs in paper form, complete with paper tassels, and constructed these at A2 size. 

This decision to contextualise my outcomes was really rewarding as I not only requited the needs identified in my proposal, to modernise the march banner and the tradition of the march, but I too was able to see the success of my illustrations in large format objects and from the viewers perspective. 


My only concern is whether the textiles versions would benefit from being bigger as these are more likely to move with the wind so a larger format could aid their visibility.



BRASS BAND MARCH LANDSCAPE from Abbie Mooney on Vimeo.
BRASS BAND MARCH PORTRAIT from Abbie Mooney on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment